News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

1965 Cadillac interior

Started by kokerscad, September 07, 2016, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokerscad

Is my factory original white leather in need of replacement or sectional repair, car has 55k original miles, but leather is splitting and cracking along the seams, what's is the best protocol? If I do a full interior redo, I'd go with SMS auto fabrics in Oregon, and do it right
C.Dias CLC#27578
1965 DeVille convertible
1964 Fleetwood 60

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I tend to err on the side of maintaining originality wherever possible. From this end the upholstery appears relatively presentable overall.  I would suggest taking a more sympathetic route of trying some leather dye products before committing to a full upholstery job and of course, the cost.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

kokerscad

The interior has gotten worse from being left alone (car isn't driven) top left of drivers seat has split as well as the horizontal piece above the Y, and a piece missing on the back as well as cracks from what I assume was an earlier repair/ dye job, I want to keep it as original as possible because the leather is mostly still soft and pliable, but if I have to, it's going to be all out correct replacement with Aztec grain inserts and all
C.Dias CLC#27578
1965 DeVille convertible
1964 Fleetwood 60