News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1930 Lasalle convertible hinges/pivots need rebuilt

Started by drpatrick, June 20, 2017, 01:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drpatrick

Looking for a source that can take apart the "scissor" hinges and pivots that extend the convertible top so they can be rechromed, and then put them back together.  Anyone done this?

31caddy

Yes, I had this exact job done on my '31 Cadillac convertible coupe. They were VERY rough and came out beautiful. Contact: Mack King
                            Royal Silver Mfg Company
                            3300 Chesapeake Blvd
                            Norfolk, VA 23513
                            757-855-6004

Do not be confused by the company name. They repair and plate parts in Silver, gold, chrome, copper or nickel. They do the top hinges on many types of cars and also can straighten, repair and polish stainless trim. Not cheap,  but they saved several parts for me and their work was nothing short of miraculous. Again, not cheap, but high quality work and they will take on jobs others will not.

R. Rowland CLC #28971

1931 Model 355A Sedan (Recently sold)
1931 Model 355A Fleetwood 4535 Convertible Coupe
2005 Cadillac XLR

drpatrick

Thanks. Talked to Mack today - got em on the way.!!