News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 Cadillac Dual Quad Manifolds

Started by pfulton, August 03, 2017, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfulton

Hello and thanks for looking at my post;

I acquired a '57 Seville years ago and much of it was spread out in the trunk, interior and in boxes in a separate shed.  When I pulled the engine, it had a dual quad intake manifold (#1465950) on it,  but no carbs.  Only after the engine was rebuilt did I find out that it is a '56 engine.  I don't remember if the intake manifold was actually bolted to the heads or just sitting on them.  In the trunk was a second dual quad manifold (#1469263) with two Carter WCFB, (#2690S).  I believe both manifolds are for '57 Cadillacs.  So I have two questions:

1:  What and why is the difference (if any) in these two manifolds and most importantly;

2:  Can I use either one of them along with the two Carter carbs on the '56 engine?   

Thanks for reading this and your help.

Paul Fulton
Redmond, Oregon

Dave Shepherd

Besides the interchangeable issues, do you have the proper carb linkage , if not making it up  is difficult.  Pretty sure the carbs and manifold will work, not easy to set them for satisfactory performance though, many of those engines were switched to single carb set ups.Both carbs  have their own choke set ups, so you really need a lot of "stuff" to complete this.

pfulton

Hello Dave;

Thank you for your reply.  I am fortunate to have all the linkage, fuel lines and both chokes still on the carbs.  This has been a somewhat difficult restoration (I'm not a pro), but I'm just too stubborn to not go the full course and use the duals...............even though I know they were an option AND the engine I've had rebuilt is from a '56.

Thanks again,

Paul