News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

1959 6267F

Started by Chuck Patton, February 05, 2020, 01:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Patton

Two for One. A Project 1959 6267F Body 7567 of 11,130 (April 59), Paint #50 Seminole Red, Top Ivory, Trim 28 Red/White Leeds Leather, Accessories CFNY with a Collectability Level of B+.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F324061650328
Appraiser-Broker-Consultant
Past CLC National Board Director
Past CLCMRC Director
Past CLC Motor City Region President
CLC 1959-60 Cadillac Chapter Director
CLC Life Member #23147

INTMD8

Chuck, once again I must ask....can you explain collectability level?

Can’t explain why but I find it maddening with no explanation.

Is it entirely subjective? (For example, same car in better shape ranks higher or no?)

As mentioned, would seem many variables would need to be taken into consideration before a generalized collectibility rating could be assigned to a vehicle. Agreed or no?

To expand, this car needs a ton of work to make right but still doable for the ambitious.

Once completed and let’s say done so at a high level...does it remain at the same collectability level being the same car or increase because of higher quality?

Asked in another way, is your rating system solely based on rarity and desirability or do you also take into account condition/restoration cost?

59-in-pieces

Jim,
Ever hear of the secrets of the SPHINX - oh and the silence.

Have fun,
Steve B
S. Butcher

60eldo

That car is in worse shape than my 60 eldo,,,mmmm and he wants 30,000? ,,,maybe I should fix mine. I still havent done anything with it. Unless someone here wants to buy it.
Jon. Kluczynski

chrisntam

Jim,
Ever hear of the secrets of crickets - just silence but for crickets making their noise?  This is what happens after Mr. Patton posts. 

I've chosen to ignore his posts as there is nothing to learn.  I seriously considered posting a bunch of Craigslist Cadillacs just to push his post way down, never to be found.  Perhaps he is a broker working for the seller.

::)

Have fun (as best as you can),
Chris J.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas