News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1939 Cadillac 61 opera coupe

Started by 126buck, April 04, 2020, 12:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

126buck

I am wondering why some front grille have a painted (body color) divider. Some have metal with no paint??? Which is correct?
Thanks.
Chris L. CLC#29659

lou-q

The painted one is correct.
On our 39 coupe we had the grill fixed and re plated and I have not painted it yet.
Lou
Lou Quirch    CLC#26694
39-6127 coupe
67 DeVille convertible Venetian Blue
67 DeVille convertible Doeskin SOLD
67 Corvette Marina Blue Roadster
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary Black Convert
2020 Shelby GT500 Magnetic Metallic
67 DeVille convertible Donor car for parts
3 F250 Ford P/Us

carlhungness

Remember to use the proper primer on the chrome such as UPOL Grip 4 in order to make the paint stick to the chromed surface. If not, the paint will peel. The UPOL is a universal adhesion promoter.

126buck

Thanks guys. Good info.

Lou-q... You have quite the stable of auto's..you and I must be alike in that you too like mustangs. I bought a 2016 GT350 and it's a blast.
Hey just wondering if you are happy with your replated grille. Can you maybe forward company that did it for you.

Wonder why a lot of owners just leave it chrome? 

Chris L. CLC#29659