News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Fuel Data Center

Started by 5 Caddies, April 08, 2021, 03:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Caddies

I'm getting a code f31 on my 91 Deville. The fuel Data Center only displays the gas in the tank and the instant miles per gallon. Distance to go on the gas and the average miles per gallon it's not displaying. I've replaced units like this in other DeVilles I've had when they didn't work at all but have never had this issue. F-31 means it's not communicating with the BCM. Has anyone had a similar situation and how did you resolve it? Thanks

TJ Hopland

I'm no expert but I think there is some special configuration in the main computers prom chip that has to be set for that specific combo of devices.     I had a bad computer when I got my 90 and bought several used ones to try and get it working.   Some combos would run the engine but not the data.   Only combo that worked was using the original prom.   I'm not sure if it was like a serial number thing or just maybe a ABCD port configuration depending on other optional equipment. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

5 Caddies

Sorry everyone is taking me so long to get back but I wasn't aware that anybody responded at all. That's another issue for now. The computer that's in there is out of another junkyard car and done by the previous owner so I'm not sure if the original prom was used. Does anybody know where I go from here?