News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1952 Clock

Started by Fitzy, December 13, 2023, 03:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitzy

The clock in my brothers car doesn't work. I've taken it out and measured to see if i'm getting 6volts. which I am getting. I set the time and advanced the little screw to see if I could get it to work. Nothing. I think I'll have to open it up and see if there's any loose or broken wires inside. The knob on the bottom reminds me of an old school watch. you pull the knob to adjust time. Do I have to spin the knob to wind it up?

Jason Fitzgerald

Julien Abrahams

It is an electric clock. It should autowind. But it could be that it is frozen or that the coil of the electromagnet or that the points have burned (due to a low battery voltage).
It cannot hurt to carefully open it up and have a look.
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett