News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Motor and transmission mounts on a 62...

Started by Edward Kenny #15457, February 01, 2005, 04:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward Kenny #15457

Do the engine and transmission need to be fully removed from a 62 CDV in order to replace its rubber motor and transmission mounts??  Thanks in advance.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Edward,

I am quite positive that the mounts can be removed without pulling the motor and transmission on virtually any car that has ever been built.

I know that any and every car I have worked on, it is possible to replace them all without too much trouble.

All that is required is jack stands, to support the chassis whilst one is underneath, getting dirty, and the jack and a piece of wood to raise the engine or transmission.   The piece of wood is to protect the sump of the motor or transmission from getting dented by the head of the jack.

But, also, sometimes it might be necessary to loosten the fan shroud so the fan doesnt contact it as the engine is being raised enough to allow the removal of the engine mounts.

With regard to the reansmission mount, it is sometimes easier to remove the transmission crossmember to access the mount.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
to CDV

Edward Kenny #15457