News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

$1.5 million 1960 Cadillac SdV

Started by Yann Saunders, CLC #12588, February 26, 2005, 09:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

Theres no harm in trying, right ?

This 1960 Cadillac on eBay has a starting price of $500,000 and a "Buy it Now" price of $1.5 million.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&?ViewItem&item=4529736259 TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&?ViewItem&item=4529736259

Even Elvisabilia never reached such heights of ridicule !

Lou 19058

Somebody watched too many hours of the Barrett-Jackson auction.lol. How much would the owner charge if he vacuumed the carpet:)

Johnny

Thanks for the link and history lesson.

dave grim

from the pics id say theres a screw loose somewhere

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Well, Golllly Gosh,

I know that the Military are reveered in USA, But, I didnt think that Generals were worth that much.

I wonder if one gets the pictures with the car, and has to memorise it all.

I hope the seller isnt trying to make a 10percent profit on what he paid for it in the first place.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

densie 20352

First of all, Ive never heard of General Ridgway, and what does all of that history text have to do with the value of a car?

Second of all, Patton had ivory-handled revolvers, not pearl-handled revolvers.  "Pearl is for f*ggots", as he put it.

Third of all, what does that have to do with a car for sale?  Does it come with pearl-handled revolvers?

-densie

Dave Greenburg (3830)

Its not even a DeVille.  Its a Series 62, with manual windows and seat.  Maybe being stripped makes em rarer.  I wonder how much more it would be worth if it had the right fender skirt.

Dave Greenburg
59 Fleetwood 60S

Jan CLC#17589

Quote from: densie 20352First of all, Ive never heard of General Ridgway, and what does all of that history text have to do with the value of a car?

-densie
General Ridgway, was the successor to Douglas MacArthur as the Supreme Commander of the United Nations forces in Korea, and that was in 1951, I think !
regards
jan

Art Archambeault

I would not care if Sant Claus himself, with Elvis in the back
drove in any war on any field of battle, For some one here ,the elevator does not go to the top.   Im going to offer him 1500.00
Cash, take it or leave it.     Art

Steve Crum 20999

A million five would be more credible if say Henry Leyland himself were standing there with Harley Earl at his side.
Wouldnt be much of a history lesson required. I lost track (interest) part way through. Must be AADD, they sell a $10 apiece pill to treat that now Im told, to the same suckers that would pay the buy it now price for this car Im sure.

robert p millian

Yan

Nor did Fats Dominos 59 Eldo conv and 60 Conv

bob

Johnny

Quote from: densie 20352First of all, Ive never heard of General Ridgway, and what does all of that history text have to do with the value of a car?

Second of all, Patton had ivory-handled revolvers, not pearl-handled revolvers.  "Pearl is for f*ggots", as he put it.

Third of all, what does that have to do with a car for sale?  Does it come with pearl-handled revolvers?

-densie

We know that when asked about those "pearl handles" on a later occasion, General Patton angrily corrected the reporter who asked the question and sharply explained that they were ivory. "Only a New Orleans pimp," Patton snarled, "would carry a pearl-handled gun."

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Hope it includes a grey straight jacket (to match the upholstery)and the phone number to Bellevue Hospital...if the sellers gets a buyer, he or she will need them.

David #19063

Since this guy is so delisional about his price, I wonder if he will fall for the Nigerian scam, some send him a cashiers check for $2,000,000 and have him wire them $500,000 back.

LOL!

David

Robt.Vonheck -via SunDiego Calif.

-Hey, this Seller is really much firmly set on his $1.5M figure, as offered him $1.4M with the Fuel topped-off!! --but i was sumarily refused, leaving me in a dire state of depression as i always wanted to own a Cadillac commanded by a 5-star/U.S.ArmyGeneral (understand he actually rode in the rear with a couple of granades strapped to his shoulder, while shouting driving-orders to his wife, and pointing out places of interest with his brass-handled rosewood Swager-stick)...   ~Bob vH

densie

>> "Pearl is for f*ggots", as he put it

> "Only a New Orleans pimp,"Patton snarled

Thanks for correcting me, but it really wasnt necessary. Im sure that there are straight pimps in New Orleans, just as there are Japanese people who dont own more than six cameras, small dogs that dont constantly shake and pee on the floor, new cars that ride smoothly, and men who dont turn into balding, farting couches two years after you marry them.  I just never notice them.

densie

Whether or not he does, Im sure that he has been offered at least one by now.  I hope for his sake that he knew to turn the instant payment option on for "buy it now"; otherwise, one of them is going to end his auction and hes going to lose both the selling and the listing fees.

-densie

Johnny

Quote from: densie>> "Pearl is for f*ggots", as he put it

> "Only a New Orleans pimp,"Patton snarled

Thanks for correcting me, but it really wasnt necessary. Im sure that there are straight pimps in New Orleans, just as there are Japanese people who dont own more than six cameras, small dogs that dont constantly shake and pee on the floor, new cars that ride smoothly, and men who dont turn into balding, farting couches two years after you marry them.  I just never notice them.

Count your blessings that men dont constantly shake and pee on the floor (most of us anyhow) as we get older.....