News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

70s seats

Started by denise mccracken 20352, March 31, 2005, 11:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

denise mccracken 20352

Can anyone tell me what years of Coupe Deville seats would be interchangeable with 1976?  Im interested especially in the cushy pillow top seats that nobody likes anymore.  ;)

thanks

-denise

Rob Gerace #16100

Hi Denise,
  Im not an expert on 70s Cadillacs, but I would have to assume that the 74-76 Coupe deVille dElegance models would have the seats that you are looking for.  Im not sure if the earlier models, 71-73, would fit or not, but they also dont have the pillow-style seats that a 74+ dElegance model would have.  They still had the pillow seats in the post-76 models, but since that was a completely different(downsized) car, Im guessing that the seats wouldnt fit, but I may be wrong.  

I guess what Im saying is that you probably wouldnt go wrong with seats from a 74-76.  I hope that helps.

Rob
66 SDV

George

The fisher body manual for 75 doesnt specify any particular changes for that year. It also, does not refer to the 74 manual, which they tend to do if instructions are the same as the previous year. Usually if the manual is new, and not a supplement, changes have been made. This is the case with the 75 GM body manual. Trial and error seems to be your only action.

George

You could try part numbers of the seats, to see if they coincide.

Mike #19861

The seats between 1971 and 1976 models are all interchangible. For that matter, you can even pick and choose between other GM C-body cars from this era.

How about a set of those 1976 Buick Park Avenue or Olds 98 Regency seats?

Mike

densie 20352

That sounds great, except that the seat backs need to fold forward.  That was why I was interested in CDV seats.

thanks

-denise