News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

96 STS engine swap

Started by Harvey Bowness, April 03, 2005, 08:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey Bowness

Have a 96 sts with the 9 vin motor,crank and bearings are shot.purchased a 96 deville that has the y motor,what if anything should i have to change to put this motor in my STS,have the complete car ,so can swap computor or any wiring.I know the deville motor has less HP but dont care just want to drive my STS.

JIM CLC # 15000

04-03-05
Harvey, I dont have a clue what you would have to change, BUT, my reply puts your inquire back on top.
HTH
Good Luck, isnt there computer chips you can change to boost HP?, Jim

Mike #19861

It should be a straight swap. I dont think you will need to change any of the wiring either.

The main differance between the 300 hp vesion and the 275 hp version is cam profiles. The 275 is tuned for more lower end toque, and is a bit less peaky than the 300hp version.

At the worst, you may have to reprogram the PCM.

Mike