News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Limo with 1960 tailfins

Started by Frank Rainey, April 24, 2005, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Rainey

All,
Years back I purchased a 1959 Limo which has 1960 tailfins.  At first I thought it had been in a wreck and someone replaced the front end with a 59 front end.  The vin# number shows it to be a 1959 but I cannot find any information regarding the origin.  Has anyone ever hear of or seen a Limo like this.  This car is fairly solid, runs, and needs complete restore.  I am trying to find out more about the cars origin.
If you can help please contact at:
frainey@mcleodusa.net
248-634-7779
Thanks,
Frank Rainey CLC#10656

George

This car did happen. The 1959 model was made with the 1960 fins. A british magazine titled Classic American did an article and photographs about it. I will try and get a back issue copy. If I can get it I will let you know.

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

Am interested.  Can you post some digital photos and provide the VIN.

Anything is possible. The 59 fins were a turn-off for many potential buyers.  Would one of them have waited a year for the 1960 models to come out, so as to add the new fins ?

George

Frank. I have E-mailed the Classic American mag, in Britain. If the magazine featuring the 59 Caddy is available I will E mail you and let you know.

George

Frank was the car you had a Brougham? apparently the article I read may be available, but it was a 1959 Brougham. If you let me know I may be able to get a copy of the Magazine that featured the car.

Frank Rainey

George,

How can I tell if it is a Brougham?  The tail lights do have a V.
Vin tag info:
Style #59-6733 BCDYDC
Trim #81E
Acc: KHJE
Engine #59SO58264

Thanks for your help,
Frank Rainey CLC#10656

Frank Rainey

Yann,
I took some pictures, how do I post them?  Let me know and I will be glad to post.

Vin tag info:
Style #59-6733 BCDYDC
Trim #81E
Acc: KHJE
Engine #59SO58264

Thanks for your help,
Frank Rainey CLC#10656

George

Frank
I am not sure how you distinguish a Brougham. I will try and get the magazine ordered anyway. I think the 59 with the lowered tail fins was a Brougham.

Roger A. Zimmermann #21015

According to your numbers, its a 1959 Serie Seventy-Five limousine; the model number as well as the identification number of the engine (if its the same as the VIN)are telling that.
Roger

Chris Short CLC 18814

Id it was a Bougham wont the style number be diffent??  I would think that the Brougham would have its own designation.

Chris Short
55 Eldo convert.

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

The thread is losing the thread.  We were discussing a 59 limo with 60 fins. The VIN and ID tag info confirms the car is a Fleetwood limo, NOT a Brougham.

The Eldorado Brougham was the only 1959 production model to have fins similar to those that appeared in 1960.

Sorry I cant help with info on how to post your photos.  You need to ask Jeff, our Webmaster.

George

Hi Frank
I have got the magazine. Give me an address and I will post it on too you.
I got your photos also nice looking car. I hope parts are available.