News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I got out my 2000 Eldorado Coachbuilders convertible.  Put the top down, went for a drive, then put the top up when I got to my destination. When I came out, I tried to put the top down, and nothing--no noise from the motor, the boot flap did not raise, and the rear windows did not lower--just dead. Seems like the switch, but I can't imagine it just went bad right after I had raised the top. Before I check the switch, does anyone know if there is a fuse or relay that Coachbuilders used for the top?

Thanks,
Mike Shawgo
Joe
Do the contacts move in when you push on them?
Greg Surfas
General Discussion / Re: Lincoln vs. Cadillac | Don...
Last post by tcom2027 - Today at 12:45:52 PM
Outstanding! I had forgotten about that scene in the movie. Looks like I'll be spending some quality time in front of a monitor this afternoon.

Remember. "Rides like a Cadillac" It's part of the language

tony
General Discussion / Re: 55 deville clock repair
Last post by KOKNEYELDO - Today at 12:36:35 PM
"Clockworks" repaired the clock on my 75' Eldo in 2015 for $112.95 and it still works great.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: '61 Water Pump
Last post by Jon S - Today at 12:13:20 PM
Quote from: SteveB3155 on Yesterday at 11:01:35 PMFunny thing is, the guys that run this business are NOT named Arthur Gould.  They bought the company several years ago.  One time when I dropped a pump off there for a repair, I asked "who is Arthur Gould?"  They said they had no idea!

I met Arthur when his shop was in Kings Park, NY. He retired and I believe his son took over the business and moved it to Connecticut. They do fabulous water pump and fuel pump work.
General Discussion / Re: POLL: What's the newest Ca...
Last post by scotth3886 - Today at 11:44:25 AM
I had five new ones from a 93 and 95 STS, 97 Concours and a 2000 and 2002 DTS.  This was before most of us knew about the Northstar issues of which I had none except a crank sensor on my 97.  I drag raced all of them and ran the Nevada Silver State open road race in my 97.  I had little to complain about. 

Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1940 Lasalle electrical
Last post by Jay Friedman - Today at 11:28:57 AM
Quote from: Ben Medlock on Today at 07:56:48 AMHmmmm. So, regarding my generator, is it possible it is a 12V generator since I'm checking 12V with a volt meter? Or, are all generators the same? I'm a lot better with mechanical issues than electrical. These 6V positive ground systems have always baffled me. Does the power from the generator go through the voltage "regulator" to get regulated down to 6V or.... what?

The power from the generator goes through the voltage regulator to get regulated.  But not "down to 6 volts".  Both the generator and the regulator must be the same voltage and also the same amperage.
In 1972 Eldos had an internally regulated alternator. RWD didn't get one until 73
Greg Surfas
I don't think I have ever tried to take a socket apart before.  I would assume this is a dual filament bulb which has those side pegs at different heights to in theory only allow it to be installed in the correct orientation.  I wonder if maybe someone tried really hard to get one in the wrong direction?  Maybe look where the pegs engage and see if the metal is bent, maybe you can bend it back?
General Discussion / Re: Wire Harness
Last post by TJ Hopland - Today at 11:08:38 AM
I too would say its for an external voltage regulator which makes sense since I believe we are talking about a 72 and the first year for the internal was 73.  The alternator in the picture looks like an internal regulator.