News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

92 Seville Mystery Dashboard Spot

Started by Mike Shawgo, August 01, 2023, 11:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Shawgo

Hi everyone,

I have a friend who has a 92 Seville STS, black with the Beechwood interior (caramel colored), in excellent condition. Just in the past couple of days a rather large stain on the top of the dash has appeared that won't come off. He has no idea what could have caused it. It's almost like the dye has just disappeared, but if the dye were deteriorating, I would think it would be much more gradual, and affect the whole dash pad. I can't think of anything that would be coming from under the dash that would cause a stain like this. No one spilled anything, he's the only one who drives it. Anyone have any clues?

Mike Shawgo

Michael Petti

Looks like something liquid dripped onto the dash to the right of the defroster outlet. Looks like the windshield seal at the top leaked when car was not being driven. Judging from the contition of the interior I can see the car is well kept so animals doing their business does not seem likely.

Mike Shawgo

Thanks Michael.  This car is a daily driver and garage kept. He's never seen any leakage or any liquid on the dash. He says he's driven in hard rain and never experienced any leaks. I think he is going to try to dye it.

Seville Life

I'm not hugely familiar with the 1990's cars but in the 1970's/'80's Cadillac/GM used a Ditzler/PPG set of products to re-colour and seal (gloss/satin/matt) interior trim, both leather and vinyl.

I've used them, listed in the parts book and they are superb,
Paul Bedford