News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

need some part numbers for 1966 conv

Started by GABE CESTARO JR., November 26, 2010, 03:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GABE CESTARO JR.

hi looking for some part numbers for front end on 1966 conv
center steering drag link
tie rod ends
upper shaft kit with bushings
thanks gabe

Warren Rauch

First the part of your question that's easy.
  center link GM# 7801836  moog # DS-745
Tie rod outer GM (early #) 5695827 ; (later #) 7801841 ; Moog # ES-322
           inner  GM (early#) 5693512 :  (later #) 7801849 : Moog # ES-732
  The tie rod GM # s may well have other substitutions as well , as new model years often meant a new part number. I use the Moog # ,which is often the same as other after market numbers ,but with varying pre fixes.
Now the hard one.
  Problem #1 The upper shaft was not sold by GM as such. You had to buy one of their kits. 
Problem#2  In 1969 the upper a-frame was changed To use  1 7/16 " OD rubber bushings, from the 1 1/2" of 1961-68 .This is important ,because by 1972 the new a-frame with the smaller bushings was being sold as a replacement for the 1961-1968 Cadillacs.
Since a-frames are seldom changed, I'll asume you have the 1 1/2" bushings.
Moog # K-10  (standard) , #K-5128 ( added Positive Camber)
TRW (Thompson) 13138A (standard), 13138B ( added Positive Camber)
GM kits , I won't try to explain. Warren                                                                                                                                                                   

GABE CESTARO JR.

THANK YOU THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR NEEDED INFORMATION
THANKS GABE