News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

1939 Cadillac Coupe value

Started by Jacob, June 09, 2008, 02:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

I went to look at a 1939 Cadillac Coupe over the weekend. I was able to find out that only 350 were made, and I was told only a few are know left to exist of this particilar 2 door model. It has the original 1939 motor and drivetrain in it (not a tank engine). The body and paint are done on the car. The interior was totally removed, but included with it. The engine complete, but not running. Many parts, both restored and non restored are also included with the car. Many parts have duplicates ( 4 bumpers, 6 grills, 3 radios, etc...)
I would really like to buy the car. He is asking $39k for it. When finished it would really be a rare and valuable car. Is this a good deal? Any and all opinions are welcomed. Thanks. Jacob

Jacob

Forgot to mentioon one very important item. This is a 1939 Cadillac Convertible Coupe !

terry wenger CLC #1800

Jacob:

When you said that they only made 350, I knew it had to be a convertible. I had one and restored it in the early 70's and it is now in Chicago. This sounds like the car in NJ. that belonged to a long time CLC member. $39,000. sounds too high for a car that needs nearly everything but body and paint. My 2 year old price guide shows a restorable car worth $8280. and one in the process of restoration may be worth $ 13800. Add some for the extra parts and it still doesn't approach the asking price.

Terry