News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

F/S 1996 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Started by Caddydave75 #18575, July 24, 2008, 01:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddydave75 #18575

Well, it saddens me to post this, but I am selling my 96 Fleetwood Brougham.  As Cadillac people, I do not have to go into the explanation of what a wonderful vehicle this is.  To me, it has always represented a pinnacle in Cadillac design.  This car represents, to me, the last of a breed, the last true Cadillac.   While the newer cars are nice, may ride better, are not so large and cumbersome, this is everything a Cadillac was for 94 years.  This IS your Grandfather's Cadillac. 

Soon to be a classic,  the car has 124k miles and is black cherry in color with matching interior.  While it is not perfect, the car is a good driver.  Featuring the tested and proven 5.7 liter LT-1 V-8 with 260 hp, this car is no dog.  I have showed this car for the last 2 1/2 years while using it as a daily driver.   I purchased the vehicle from the second owner.  He bought it from Delorean Cadillac in Lakewood, OH.  Vehicle has all options available in '96 including the sunroof, excluding the CD player and chrome wheels.  In the last year I have replaced the following Items:  TIRES,  FRONT AND REAR BRAKES, FRONT SHOCKS, REAR AIR SHOCKS, LEVEL RIDE AIR COMPRESSOR, COMPLETE TUNE-UP, WATER PUMP,  FUEL PUMP.  There is more to this list.   I have used mobil 1 in the vehicle for the length of my ownership.  There are a few cosmetic blemishes on the car.  Two small spots of rust, smaller that a dime that I honestly do not notice until I wax the car.   The fender wells in the engine compartment have a hole in them.  It is not large, and I had intended to have these repaired, but since the car spent most of it's life in Cleveland area,  it did take its toll on this part.  The frame and all of the undercarriage is still solid showing little to no signs of a rusted car.  I am not trying to scare you, just being honest.

The car is in Enola, PA and is ready to be driven anywhere you would like to take her.  I am selling it due to a purchase of my Grandfather's 99 Deville 50th Anniversary Edition.  The sentimental value of the 99 has outweighed keeping my Fleetwood.  Pictures should be available over the weekend.  I may list on Ebay in the future if it is not sold.  Price is $3995.00 negotiable.  Please call 717-418-4375 or email caddydave75@yahoo.com

Thank you for your interest,

Dave Lickel #18575
Dave Lickel #18575
2001 Deville
1999 Deville Golden Anniversary Edition
1975 Fleetwood Eldorado Convertible

corey raub

Dave,

I know this car and it needs nothing but a new driver.  At $3995.00 or best offer this car should be gone.  I think you are too hard on the car in your description, so I am going to "brag it up" for you.  First of all, the car has won awards at both the Central Pennsylvania Cadillac Show at Brenner Cadillac in Harrisburg, and the Potomac Region Cadillac Show at Capitol Cadillac in Maryland.  The vehicle is clean both inside and out including the paint, vinyl top, and luxurious leather interior.  I can also say that when something mechanical needed fixed or replaced on the automobile, you did it.  You fixed the level ride system []properly[].  I know you are too modest to say it, so I will say it for you; the car is beautiful.

Corey     

G.Brown

I didn't see any of the pictures on your website. Can you direct me?

Caddydave75 #18575

Here is the photos for the car,  I did not metion, last August, the dual exhaust system from the converters back was replaced.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29332996@N03/?saved=1

Thank you all for your interest.

Dave

717-418-4375
caddydave75@yahoo.com
Dave Lickel #18575
2001 Deville

codewize

I'm interested. I'd like to schedule a time and date to come see the car. Looks like I'm about 4.5 hours away so it's definitely going to be a well planned day trip for me. Do we have any means of shipping the car?

Thanks
95 Fleetwood Brougham - May 2020 Self Starter
01 Custom Deville DTS
2011 CTS4 Luxury
2011 DTS Platinum

Caddydave75 #18575

Dave Lickel #18575
2001 Deville