News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Fins? In 2010?

Started by Alan R. Harris CLC#1513, November 30, 2010, 11:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan R. Harris CLC#1513

Yesterday I went to the store and saw a brand new Cadillac SRX in the parking lot.
I looked twice and then three times. I believe that either the tail fin has returned or I was hallucinating. This car has definite fins.

I cannot believe that no one else anywhere has commented on this.

Has anybody else noticed this?

The Tassie Devil(le)

Just looked at the picture, and yes, definitely fins.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

john charles

I just noticed that myself!

But those "crossover"/SUV type cars do nothing for me.

Jim Beard

STDog

Less pronounced than in the 70s though. But a step in the right direction.

Jim Beard

How about buick using the old body line from the early 50's and the port holes in the hood. All of the big 3 are pulling retro styling cues from their past, I sorta like it.

Davidinhartford

I predicted a return to tail fins ten years ago.    Cadillac is just playing it safe I guess.   The SRX and CTS wagon definately have a fin-like rear lamp design.

I think many people are getting tired of the "jelly bean" look of todays cars and want styling back.      It's about time that the designers took out their straight edge and started puting crisp lines on cars again.

We need a new Flagship more like the Sixteen showcar.  Bring back the exhaust ports in the bumper ends too.

Quentin Hall Australia

I don't know if I'd call them fins. . . maybe Nubs?? ;)
   The stainless top is the other obvious styling cue that Cadillac should adopt for a V16 supercar. If you look at the lineage of the great (some long gone) marques it is the upkeep of tradition that creates brand recognition. And just as the Brougham and perhaps the V16s of the 30s were unprofitable individually, they carried the brand forward as the Leader of Excellence for many years. I can't believe that the best looking car Cadillac has done in years , the Sixteen, never got beyond the protoype.
     If they don't come out with something exotic soon then what am I gonna restore in my old age?? ;D

Chris Conklin

Quote from: Quentin Hall Australia on December 01, 2010, 04:56:10 PMIf they don't come out with something exotic soon then what am I gonna restore in my old age?? ;D

Hondas
Chris Conklin

Gergely Szentmartony 25603

I like the way they did it.  8)
"Brougham - For all the reasons you have ever wanted a Cadillac"

www.cadillaclasalle.hu