News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

WTB 1968 Eldorado

Started by BJM, August 16, 2012, 11:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

Recent ebay searches and regional collector dealer websites, as well as Hemmings Motor News of which I am a subscriber - have yielded few if any 1968 Eldorados for sale.

Is there something going on?  JAXED is shut down with a new C&D order. I used to use that to locate a few Eldorados. I am in a slightly better economical position to consider the purchase of a driver quality 1968 Eldorado. I can't afford the $15,000 show jobs but would like a nice one to garage, show occasionally and pleasure drive.

I don't have a budget in mind, but probably $10,000 or less, my fear is that once I state a price then that's all I will see. I have seen nice originals with some minor issues for $3000 to $4500.  I would like a well sorted car. I prefer the darker colors and really like the Bittersweet Orange color I have seen for that year.  But I am open to all offers. 68 is my favorite year but would consider a nice 69. No 67's or 70's. 

Contact me at abc.moran@netzero.net is best.  Bryan Moran  515-520-2611

Timetable?  I would be looking to purchase in the next 6-8 months and am in no hurry.  Thanks

BJM

Obviously I don't get on the CLC site much anymore and see the Wanted section now. Moderator, can you move me please?

dirtycustom40

Im not sure where you live but i live near albuquerque and there have been a couple overpriced for condition cars around here.I have seen several fair priced and good looking cars in the phoenix area in just the last few months in the 3-4 thousand range on craigs list.I check half a dozen nearby cities every morning.I have seen a couple in the denver area and there was a nice one on cl in denver about a week ago but cant remember exact year.
1969 eldorado 1970 flh

dirtycustom40

Nice looking white 68 in denver on right now for 5500.00
1969 eldorado 1970 flh

BJM

Thanks for the tip. I will hit those Craigs List sites.  That's the tough part about losing the Site Mash jaxed. You would just type in 1968 Eldorado and your price points and it would bring up every one available in all markets.  Now it's a needle in a haystack. But will check them out-

White not my favorite color for the 68 because it doesn't seem to highlight the angularity or styling of the 67-69's