News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1947 Cadillac Wiper Tower Help

Started by 47caddydaddy, March 14, 2013, 06:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47caddydaddy

Well I totally disassembled my wiper towers and gave them to my plater along with alot of other trim parts (car is being painted). When I got the parts back the platers broke the left side wiper tower. They somehow managed to snap off the bottom part of the tower(the slotted hole where the actually transmission arm attaches to). Damage not visible from outside of car but totally useless as is. I am gonna try to fix it by attaching a slotted piece of heavy sheet metal with 2 smaller size machine screws. If this doesn't work anybody know where I might be able to get a replacement?? Thanks guys!!

gary griffin

For 40's Cadillac my first call is always to Eddie Jones 612 558 2629, in Minneapolis. He is a good old guy with lots of parts and knowledge and good prices also.
   I am sure there are others out there and Eddie would probably send you to a good vendor if you need something he does not have. He has never disappoiunted me
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Doug Houston

You'll need to find another wiper transmission assembly. This is the complete piece, supplied from Trico.

NOW, the other important piece of information you'll need is which series of Cadillac you have, because wiper transmissions are different for different body series. First, you should already know which series '47 Cadillac you have. It will be series 61 ("B" Body), 62 ("C" Body) or series 75, which should have the same transmission as the 1941 "C" bodies.

There may be some new ones still hanging around in an obsolete stock dealer.  You'll find that the body series is shown on the part of the transmission that doesn't show when it's installed.
Those transmissions are supplied from Trico with the installation gasket.

But, you'll need to specify the series of your car in order to get the proper fitting piece.
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929