News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

My 1954 Fleetwood restore

Started by matttupp84, August 26, 2013, 12:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matttupp84

Hey guys, i am new to this site. I have owned a few old cadillacs a 59,60, 65, 67, 68 and now a 54. but I am just now getting around to joining you guys here. I have my 65 coupe Deville right now that i will never sell, and I Just bought this 54 on the internet. And well, to make a long story short the guy wasn't very honest with me. It was said to be running not long ago before it popped a freeze plug. But after getting the car it was apparent it hasn't been on the road in a long long time. Head gaskets were blown, nothing but water and  gunk in the oil pan, power steering pump was bone dry, brakes were dry, fuel lines were cut. You name it. So I am cutting my losses and moving on with the car now. I pulled the motor and trans. Going to give it a good overhaul, and replace all the brakes, fuel lines,etc etc etc. I really didn't think I was buying a project car but now I have one. The car seems solid otherwise though. Interior is all new, the paint job is not very good at all, but ok for now.

Thule

what a car to restore though. i hope the money loss was not to bad
Ivar Markusson.  icelandic cadillac club (part of CLC)
73 Eldorado coupe.

matttupp84

Thanks! I appreciate it. Considering its condition I probably paid about $2,000 to much for it. But what can ya do? Just have to move on and enjoy the ride one day! I will keep you all posted.