News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

40's Los Angeles

Started by 48-62, September 11, 2013, 09:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gray

I've done a little movie work back in the day. I would fly camera crew around in a UH1 or UH60. They would film from the birds for action shot to be used on Blue or Green screens and such. Got pretty harry a couple times cutting the river bed up a Ft Hunter Liggett.

Who knows, maybe some kid will post that video of my work when I am 80. To bad we could get a Caddy to fly alongside. Then it may have made onto this website around 2042.      ;)
Maj. James F Gray Ret.
Kristie Koepplin RN BSN

Member # 28494
1942 Cadillac Series 6269

Jim Salmi #21340

It is definitely post-WWII.  There is a '48-50 vintage Ford truck parked under in a rental lot, so the clip is at least 1948.

The Mercury following along looks '46-'48. What is the taxi cab near the beginning?  Almost looks like a '40 LaSalle.  I spotted the '46-'47 Caddy, too.

This same clip can also be viewed on YouTube.  Use something like "Bunker Hill 1940s" in the search field and you should be able to find it.  You will also find many, many clips from the '30s through the '60s just by fooling around with the search field terms.  It is highly addictive.
1952 Cadillac Series 62 Sedan

Glen

Quote from: Jim Salmi #21340 on September 13, 2013, 06:26:41 PM
What is the taxi cab near the beginning?  Almost looks like a '40 LaSalle.  I spotted the '46-'47 Caddy, too.

When I first saw that car I thought “Packard”.  But then I did not see the signature shoulders on the grill.  But my Google search for 1942 and 1946 Packard came up with pictures that are very close to this car. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Alan Harris CLC#1513

Packard built a 6 cylinder taxi right after the war. A lot of major cities had fleets of them. That was definitely a Packard taxi.