News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

need wiper controls plz '76 SDV

Started by Hankk17, November 04, 2013, 07:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hankk17

Looking for a delay wiper setup (both the interior control module and any relays/hardware needed behind it) to convert a straight non-delay wiper over to delay.

My current wiper control has broken inside and the control lever it just floating around in broken plastic.  it still works, but I don't know for how much longer.

thanks!
Wherever you go... There you are

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Hank,
Last time I checked the wiper delay module/relay was included with the "rebuilt" WS washer (from Cardone).  If you are talking about the dash switch a 74-76 full size car "intermittent wiper" (I don't think you could get otherwise in those year's) will fit.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Hankk17

Thanks Greg - yeah I need the "L" wiper switch that goes in the upper left hand corner of the dash.  mine's busted and I want to swap in a delay module anyhow, so this is the perfect time.  So are you saying all I need to do is put the delay module in front of the motor?  There's no different wiper motor, is there?

-Hank K.
Wherever you go... There you are

joecaristo

Hi,
I have a delay switch and a delay motor from a 78 Eldorado for sale. Should work for your car. Just bolt it in and go. For non delay cars the extra wire needed to the motor is just taped off from the factory. That's the only difference between the 2 set ups. If interested in the parts I can send you pictures. Please email me at joecaristo@verizon.net
Thanks,
Joe
Joe Caristo

Racer81x

Don't know if your still looking, but I have a used working wiper motor and dash switch (the L shaped one)from a 76 SDV $15 each or $25 for both
S. Leist