News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Brake hose for a 68 Eldorado

Started by Glen, January 17, 2014, 02:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen

Does anybody have the correct part number for the left front brake hose on a 68 Eldorado?  I bought brake hoses from Raybestos  part numbers BH36575 and BH36574.  The right one fits OK but the left one is two inches shorter than the one I took off and it bends really sharp in a full left turn.  I look at other manufacturers and the pictures show the wrong fittings on the ends or they list the length as 13 1/8 inches which is too short.   It should be 15 inches long. 

ACDELCO Part # 18J1764   is too short; DORMAN Part # H71371 wrong fitting; CENTRIC Part # 15065024 is too short and wrong fitting NAPA UP 36674 wrong fitting. 

I may have to break down and buy a second right hose to go on the left.  But it is 17 inches long and may need the clamp on the frame. 

Thanks for any help. 

Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Glen

Thanks to Viator Trudeau for the part number.  He gave me the number Wagner F99398. 

That does come out to be a 15 inch hose and the fitting look correct.

Thank you Viator.   
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104