News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

8-6-4 motor at auction

Started by Matt 12861, September 04, 2014, 08:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt 12861

A few weeks ago I posted a bunch of sad looking Cadillacs sunk in the ground at an upcoming auction.  There will also be an 8-6-4 motor there.  If anyone is interested.     http://www.kikoauctions.com/?nav=auctions&details=4646
Matt Givler 12861
Matt Givler #12861

TJ Hopland

It will be interesting to see if that one even goes for scrap value.    Looks like there is some stuff missing from it.   Likely the only value in it would be someone that has an 80 or 81 w/DEFI and needs some of the what are apparently very hard to find sensors assuming they are even there or working.    If the valve covers are in good shape they could have value to someone that is trying to keep theirs running.  The covers were plastic and I would imagine at this age have got even more brittle than they were when new.    I suppose someone could also get rid of the solenoids by taking the rockers from the other 4 then you wouldn't even need the funky covers.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Smedly

would make a great boat ancor. >:D
Sheldon hay
When a Doctor "saves a Life" it does not necessarily mean that that life will ever be the same as it was, but he still saved it. My 46 may not be as it was but it is still alive.
Sheldon Hay