News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

speedometer

Started by 70wagon, January 16, 2016, 05:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70wagon

wich Company manufactuers Electronic speedometers with "stock" look that fits Cadillac...
1959 Sedan Deville
1965 Sedan Deville 5.3 LS
1969 Deville Convertible
1970 Fleetwood Wagon
1972 Caribou. SOLD to Denmark

TJ Hopland

I don't know that anyone does for any Cadillac.   I have heard of some places / people that will retrofit electronics in an original cluster.   I always had the impression these were kinda side jobs rather than a full time shop sort of thing but have never really looked close into it myself. 

Are you after this because you are installing something like an LS engine and electronic transmission?   The name is slipping my mind at the moment but I have seen a box that plugs into the electronic speed sensors then has a motor that drives an original mechanical speedo. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

70wagon

yes i will connect  to a 4L60E transmission  i found a convertionbox new/old speedo so i will order one
1959 Sedan Deville
1965 Sedan Deville 5.3 LS
1969 Deville Convertible
1970 Fleetwood Wagon
1972 Caribou. SOLD to Denmark