News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Exhaust manifolds porcelainizing

Started by Paul van Acker#18204#, August 21, 2016, 12:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul van Acker#18204#

Dear members,

I have two questions:
A. Is it possible to restore and porcelainizing the existing exhaust-manifolds to the highest quality?
B. If it's necessary to cast a new manifold, who can porcelainizing them to the brilliant black like factory-made in the thirties?

Thanks in advance,

Paul van Acker
Member #18204#

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Paul: The picture below shows my original 41 manifolds from the car just after a new finish by Prairie Auto Porcelain. They were done about 2006 and after about 5,000 miles, still look like new.   Bill

http://www.manta.com/c/mtc10bx/prairie-auto-porcelain

31caddy

HI Paul. Prairie Porcelain did the manifolds for my current 355A convertible coupe. Tom is great to work with - excellent communication and he strives to do quality work. My manifolds were in better shape than many I have seen, with no cracks and very minor pitting. The cost was $1365 for the set. They look great, but I will say that some discoloration is already showing on the portions closest to the engine after only minimal run time. Rick.
R. Rowland CLC #28971

1931 Model 355A Sedan (Recently sold)
1931 Model 355A Fleetwood 4535 Convertible Coupe
2005 Cadillac XLR

Paul van Acker#18204#

Thanks Bill and Rick,
I will contact them.

Rick how is development of your CCP 1931?

Kind regards,

Paul

Bill Ingler #7799

Paul; Meant to also say in my posting that the inside of manifolds were also porcelanized which according to Tom helps in heat control. I never had a heat problem with the 41 nor with my 47 before putting the new porcelain manifolds on the car, so can`t say if the inside porcelain helps or does not help.  Bill