News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

67 Eldorado Evaporator Assy

Started by airdefenz, August 25, 2016, 03:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airdefenz

Can anyone send the tech pages/illustration of the Evaporator Assy in the 67 Eldorado? Is this correct in the pic?

TJ Hopland

The evaporator is the radiator like thing inside the box.   Or are you asking about the sort of horizontal in line thing in the photo?  That is usually called a POA valve. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

airdefenz

Hello: The box itself is damaged so I need the housing and the unit. Entire Assy including the POA valve I would say. Is it considered part of the Evaporator Assy?

savemy67

Hello Joseph,

I think most vendors list the evaporator housing, evaporator, and POA valve as separate items.  Do you know how the evaporator housing came to be damaged?  I believe it is a fiberglass assembly so you could repair it with some fiberglass roven/roving and some epoxy resin (think surfboard), or maybe some short or long strand fiberglass body filler.  I would also encourage you to purchase the shop manual for your Eldorado.  You should be able to find one on-line for $20 to $40.  It will have everything you need to know about the climate control in your car.  Good luck.

Christopher WInter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

airdefenz

Thank you for your advise. I will purchase a shop manual.