News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

59 convertible spotted

Started by CadillacRob, October 18, 2016, 03:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CadillacRob

Anybody recognize this beauty?  Sorry for the bad picture.....its all I could grab while driving/drooling.  59 convertible....had something painted on the trunk to the effect of "my girl" or something like that.  Also had a hanging tag beneath the license plate that read West Coast Kustoms.

Charlotte NC.    By the way.....any members in south Charlotte NC?  I'd love to meet up and see your caddies sometime. 8)
1950 series 61 sedan
1956 coupe de ville

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello ,
   That doesn't look like a convertible to me . Maybe a limo or a Fleetwood  but it does not have the vee on the back up light housings . I would say for sure it's a home made convertible with a fabricated  removable top  made from either a two a four door car . Just my opinion

Bill

Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Chuck Patton

Hello Rob

I concur with Bill on the identity.  Try contacting Craig Ashby, Greg Powers and Grady Davis in North Carolina.  Great Cadillac people.
Appraiser-Broker-Consultant
Past CLC National Board Director
Past CLCMRC Director
Past CLC Motor City Region President
CLC 1959-60 Cadillac Chapter Director
CLC Life Member #23147

CadillacRob

It was a 2 door.  The top looked like those custom made ones you see on chopped 40's convertibles to get that chopped roofline look.

I sure hope I run into it again, it was gorgeous.
1950 series 61 sedan
1956 coupe de ville

55 cadi

Sounds and looks like it was custom made by west coast kustoms. I know they did work like that.
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville