News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

1982 Fleetwood 2 door? Wait what?

Started by BJM, April 25, 2018, 10:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

STS05lg

Bryan, two door Fleetwoods were available from 1982 through 1984. Very few sold. Discontinued in 1985 when the "new" disasterious mini FWD 1985 to 1988 Deville/Fleetwoods were dropped on the market. That looks like a nice example but as with all 1982-1984 full size it comes equipped with the seminal 4100.

Uhegej

It's a beautiful car, however, 12,000$$? with an HT4100!!! I don't think so...
John Hegedus

1979 Fleetwood Brougham

James Landi

Over the decades, the two door coupe has gradually lost favor.  I recall "Consumers' Report" commenting on the amount of effort required to close a door on an Eldorado ( lifting the hood on my 72 Eldo was a major effort!), and now the sedan appears to be in the state of dwindles.  Ford brand is going to be manufacturing mainly trucks, and reducing its sedan models.  Of course,  the Russians and Iranians are successfully running up the price of crude, so with oil prices on the rise, who knows what's next.   Happy day,   James

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

The Fleetwood Brougham Coupe first appeared mid-model year 1980 and ran until 1985. A relatively rare model, the rarest being 1980 when only 2,300 were made.

Years to stick with would be 1980 or 1981 (w/6.0 Liter) for obvious reasons.  8)

This 1982 is gorgeous. Condition like this is extremely rare in an '82, plus it's a rare model with very low mileage. Even with the 4100, the asking price is not all that unreasonable.

If it was 1 year older I'd be on the phone with the seller right now.

*BTW - Color is Desert Dusk Firemist - not Briar Firemist.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute