News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

XTS & CT6 Production to Cease in 2019

Started by T J Lankes, November 26, 2018, 10:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

So called "electric" cars run on coal, contribute more to pollution than they purport to eliminate, are impractical, inefficient and whose total cost per mile or per year is far higher than that of their fuel-only counterparts.    ::)  Were it not for massive governmental incentives, they would not even exist.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Scot Minesinger

Electric cars operate on the fuel that the power plants use, such as natural gas, wind, solar, nuclear, and of course coal.  I hope to add solar power to my house in the near future and get off the grid.  At that point I would be stupid not to buy an electric car.  Most of my driving is local under 150 miles a day.  And I would keep a gasoline car until electric cars were as convenient on long trips. 

I'm not a big fan of electric cars because of course I'm an engine guy, but they seem to be the inevitable future.  Coal power plants are on the decline.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Big Apple Caddy

If fuel economy is important, there are luxury hybrid crossovers out there that get at or above 30 MPG e.g., Lexus NX300h and Lexus RX450h.  Both AWD and get at least double the city rating of a 1996 Fleetwood.

GM/Cadillac appears to be committed to an "electrified" future but time will tell I suppose.

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Big Apple Caddy on December 02, 2018, 04:14:24 PM
If fuel economy is important, there are luxury hybrid crossovers out there that get at or above 30 MPG e.g., Lexus NX300h and Lexus RX450h.  Both AWD and get at least double the city rating of a 1996 Fleetwood.

GM/Cadillac appears to be committed to an "electrified" future but time will tell I suppose.

No cylon face lexass vehicles for me!
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

walt chomosh #23510

Like Mike,
  I'll try to "buy American" till the end....walt...tulsa,ok

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

64\/54Cadillacking

Cadillac is slowly digressing into dust. So no more sedans for Cadillac? How lame and Un-Cadillac is that?

I understand market trends but this is ridiculous. My guess now is every auto manufacturer is going to eventually abandon the 4 door sedan and leave buyers without options.

Just imagine the monopoly and price hikes that will come with not giving customers a chance to own something smaller for the Urban environment with hard to find parking situations?

The design language is going to become even worse because the SUV and CUV shapes are even more similar in shapes and sizes than a car is. The swoopy long sloping sedan shape won’t be easily replicated on a CUV type platform.

Designers/stylist will most likely be laid off due to less of a demand to design multiple different products but now only one.

Thank God for our Classic Cadillac and how wonderful they are. This new era of SUV ONLY vehicles is going to suck!
Currently Rides:
1964 Sedan Deville
1954 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special
1979 Lincoln Mark V Cartier Designer Series
2007 Lexus LS 460L (extended wheelbase edition)

Previous Rides:
1987 Brougham D' Elegance
1994 Fleetwood Bro
1972 Sedan Deville
1968 Coupe Deville
1961 Lincoln Continental
1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
1978 Lincoln Continental ( R.I.P.) 1978-2024 😞

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: 64CaddieLacky on December 05, 2018, 05:31:51 PM
So no more sedans for Cadillac? How lame and Un-Cadillac is that?

Cadillac will still have sedans.  The upcoming CT5 will be one and a smaller model (named CT3 or CT4) is expected to be another.  Plus, there may be more added after that depending on where the market and electrification takes the industry.

cadillacmike68

Time to find some 1996 Fleetwoods or 1999 DeVilles for the stable.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike