News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

A Tale of Two Cities or There for the grace of God go all...

Started by STS05lg, December 07, 2018, 10:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich S

Perhaps Cadillac's competitor, "the other [American] luxury car," gets "it." I just saw this feature in the News today:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/lincoln-revives-a-1960s-continental-classic

and

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2018/12/17/lincoln-continental-makes-vintage-limited-edition/2311731002/

The heritage center-opening doors are exquisite, the added leg-room a plus (thus a longer wheelbase), and the rear center console reminds me of an update of the Talisman editions from Cadillac. Although there are initially only eighty of them, I think in the video the Lincoln spokesperson says more will be offered for the next model year. This looks like Lincoln is heading in the right direction, in my opinion. I hope this vehicle will prompt Cadillac to develop a model that draws upon the brand's heritage, such as the El Miraj concept!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

G Pennington

Yes but a few months ago, didn't Ford announced they were ceasing production of all cars except the Mustang?  At the time I remember thinking that's sad, but at least it would benefit Cadillac (and other GM car production) by reducing competition.  How wrong. 

Gary Pennington
   1953 6267X Convertible
   1941 6267D Convertible (2 door)

Maynard Krebs

As regards the 'new' Continental with the rearward-opening doors, I believe the greatest and most egregious error in said car is the center console being needlessly too wide!

I caught some grief from Lincoln guys over this.... but one does not need to drive one.. to form the judgment that the overly-wide center console steals far too much interior room, especially around the knees---laterally!   Maybe that whole car is too small, given the size of the American public these days:  there's a lot of folks that are over 6' 1" and over 230 lbs. these days... and such simply will not be comfortable in this Ford product!   "Are you listening, Cadillac Division?

And, for the record, note that said product by Ford is not named with three random letters.  No, it's "Continental" -- something easy to remember!   Kapiche?