News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

I need parts! 1956 Cadillac 6219X

Started by RayRay, December 28, 2018, 11:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayRay

Looking for someone who has a parts car the same (1956 Cadillac 6219X) or similar to the one I have in order to purchase parts from as well as send me pictures before the part I need is removed. The reason being is that I acquired this project halfway through and I am missing quite a few parts and since I didn't disassemble the car I would like pictures just to use for reference.
  i am going to start with a picture in which I know I need some brake components including one or two brackets. I have the brake rod that goes through the firewall for the pedal. If anyone has the parts that are missing send pics and prices. If you have an entire car that you'll sell me parts from I will see what else I need and maybe even place orders weekly if the price is right. Thanks for any help!

carguyblack

Is this something you need? I also have a restored Morraine brake booster unit.
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

RayRay

Quote from: carguyblack on December 28, 2018, 07:29:13 PM
Is this something you need? I also have a restored Morraine brake booster unit.
Chuck

That is the rod that I do have. Basically I need the parts that go from the rod coming out of the booster to the rod to the brake pedal which is what you're showing. I also need a good picture of it complete and put together. Thank you for the offer and response though.

Roger Zimmermann

If you have the shop manual, there is a small image from the linkage, at page 7-9
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

RayRay

Quote from: Roger Zimmermann on December 29, 2018, 12:23:19 PM
If you have the shop manual, there is a small image from the linkage, at page 7-9

Found it, so it looks like I need what's circled, the bracket and rod. Anyone got these? Thanks for leading me in the right direction!

Lexi

I may have a spare rod, but will have to do some digging. I wonder if the rod would be any different in a Moraine unit when compared to a Bendix? Anyone know? If I still have that core I seem to recall it being a Moraine unit. Don't think there was a bracket though. Clay/Lexi

Roger Zimmermann

It's the same part number, no matter if the system is a Moraine or Bendix.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Lexi

Roger thank you. I should have looked it up. That certainly makes sense. Clay/Lexi

RayRay

Quote from: lexi on December 31, 2018, 02:22:07 PM
I may have a spare rod, but will have to do some digging. I wonder if the rod would be any different in a Moraine unit when compared to a Bendix? Anyone know? If I still have that core I seem to recall it being a Moraine unit. Don't think there was a bracket though. Clay/Lexi

That would be awesome if you had the rod, I'm sure I'll eventually find someone with the bracket. If you could send a picture and a price if in fact you can find it that would be great. Thank you!

cadparts58

These are the two rods and bracket for your 56. They came out of a Sedan de Ville. Will these work for you? The short rod is 13 inches and the longer one is 15 inches with the hollow end threaded to fit the rod on the booster.
Frank Puma #10721

Lexi

Go with Frank's stuff, as he has both parts and cheaper for shipping. Have met and dealt with Frank and have no hesitation in recommending him. Should his parts for some reason don't work out, let me know and I will go on a hunt and see what I got here. Clay/Lexi

RayRay

Quote from: cadparts58 on January 01, 2019, 11:23:27 AM
These are the two rods and bracket for your 56. They came out of a Sedan de Ville. Will these work for you? The short rod is 13 inches and the longer one is 15 inches with the hollow end threaded to fit the rod on the booster.

Message sent

RayRay

Quote from: lexi on January 01, 2019, 12:11:18 PM
Go with Frank's stuff, as he has both parts and cheaper for shipping. Have met and dealt with Frank and have no hesitation in recommending him. Should his parts for some reason don't work out, let me know and I will go on a hunt and see what I got here. Clay/Lexi

Thank you anyways and for the recommendation!

RayRay

Quote from: cadparts58 on January 01, 2019, 11:23:27 AM

I received the parts and they're perfect! Thanks again.