News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Fuel additives in low milage car ?

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, October 07, 2019, 08:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello
    Recently I purchased a Cadillac with 37000 miles .i am sure the engine has never been tampered with . Should I be adding a fuel supplement to composite for the today’s  non leaded fuel ?

Thank you ,
           Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Jim Govoni CLC 20546

Nope, waste of money, in my opinion. Try and buy fuel without ethanol if you can. If not use a fuel stabilizer and don't leave the fuel in the tank very long. Cars need to run and ethanol separates pretty fast. A website called "Pure Gas" has an app to find stations that sell it, as well as  some airports and marinas.  I assume you are writing about a pre-1974 car, otherwise you can't buy fuel with lead in it as some airports sell.
1953 Series 62 
1966 Fleetwood 
1969 deVille Convert.
1941 Series 63

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello Jim
     Thank you for the information . Not to many places around me that has that fuel . I will continue to use Sunoco 93 octane.

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

chrisntam

I use Stabil 360. One ounce for every 5 gallons at fill up.  No pure gas in my area.  My gas doesn't sit long enough to separate, but I use the additive anyway.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

David Greenburg

Even though I go through a tank of gas at least every couple of months, I use Stabil 360 as well as protection against ethanol since pure gas is not an option for me.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special