News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1940 LaSalle steering wheel removal

Started by Kcenderjim, March 18, 2020, 05:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kcenderjim

I have read that all you need to do to remove the horn button is push in and rotate just a little bit. Is there a trick to this. I am able to push the button in but it will not turn at all.

Quentin Hall

I’d spray some lubricant around the edge. There’s probably some guff sticking in there. It should just rotate clockwise? I think from memory. Don’t force it or you might break the tabs.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

LaSalle5019

The horn button latches on to the three small tabs on the steering wheel. By pushing in you move the lock below the tab then just twist. Nothing to break in there unless you don’t depress it far enough.
Scott

Kcenderjim

I thought about spraying some lube but wasn't sure if it would mess anything up. My thinking was it's just full of crud as well. Honestly looks like it's been a long time since it was off. Thanks for the insights guys.