News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Please stay home, go polish some chrome.

Started by 76eldo, March 22, 2020, 11:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on March 25, 2020, 07:38:48 AM
Well, the announcement was made on the Modified Chapter board by a CLC board member, so it's on pretty good authority.

Wonder why the announcement wasn't made at the same time across all communication platforms?  Doesn't matter, just curious.

I know, I know.  Get involved if I want to be in on the decision making process...  Unfortunately, too much going on in my world these days.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Scot Minesinger

I got an e-mail from high up in the CLC, GN2020 is cancelled.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: Jeff Wilk on March 24, 2020, 08:47:24 PM
And when did people dying become political?

Pretty much any time there is a debate about going to war or not, pulling out of a war or not, health insurance and Medicare, abortion issues, etc.

The coronavirus pandemic is a very difficult and complicated situation that deals not only with the health and welfare of those seriously impacted/infected by the virus itself but also the long-term economic health and welfare of the country.  Yes, the situation is places like NYC continues to change rapidly.  Less than four weeks ago after New York had seen its first confirmed coronavirus case, even Gov. Cuomo was talking about wanting to put things in perspective (comparing this one case to the more than 15,000 flu hospitalizations in NY) but things are obviously different now and we don't know for sure where they will go from here.  In late February, the business world and U.S. and global markets were in very different places than they are now too and we don't know where things may go from here.

There are valid points and concerns from both sides but all of this, in my personal opinion, is way too heavy of a topic for this forum.

Scot Minesinger

Big Apple Caddy,  Agree 100%!, nicely written too.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Dan LeBlanc

This thread has been locked to further discussion.  Our aim is to keep this a Cadillac-related forum and encourage you to seek advice on the current global crisis from the proper authorities who have the knowledge to direct individuals appropriately.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car