News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1974 Cadillac Eldorado Exhaust Y pipe

Started by stowe75, July 19, 2020, 10:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stowe75

Hello I am looking to replace both front manifold pipes and Y pipe. I see some sources for complete systems, I just need the 2 front manifold pipes and Y pipe. I picked up the muffler and resonator from NAPA . Also suggestions ? Thanks

TJ Hopland

I don't think any of the original aftermarket people like Walker still make any parts for these cars so its now up to the 'classic' vendors.   If you find a listing for the whole system have you tried contacting any of them to ask if you can just buy parts?    It sounds like you are replacing the whole thing anyway can you return what you already have and just get the whole system?     Or take it to a custom shop?   Last few projects I have had unless it was a very popular model with very mass produced parts (like a Chev truck) its been cheaper to go to a custom shop. 

71-74 Eldo should be the same.  75-78 had a cat from the factory so there was a manifold T sort of thing between the down pipes that the cat attached to.    One variable is some cars some years had a heat riser on the right manifold which then made the pipe a different length and I think a slightly different flange so one more gotcha if not going custom.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

MaR

The vendor that sells complete kits on ebay will make just the individual parts you want if you send them a message.