News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

1965 Cadillac Eldorado vacuum power door lock system. Need help, please?

Started by Eldorado_1965, July 28, 2020, 12:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldorado_1965

Hello from Germany,

I have bought a 1965 Cad Eldorado Conv. 18 years ago and want to keep it to the original condition.
I would please ask, if someone as experience with the original power door lock system of the 65 Cad.

The power door lock system of my car  was "upgraded" 30 years ago in the US , to a electrical system I think from a 69 Cadillac.

I would like to turn the system back to the original vacuum power door locks and could need some help.

If s.o. could tell me which components are needed and where the are located?
Which vaccum lines (inner diameter) are needed for the several components and how are the individual components connected? (which line goes to which component)

I have the parts which are in the attachments. Are other parts needed for my project, please?
It would be great, if you someone could help me in that  case.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Kind regards
Michael