News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

A few more questions

Started by prodjay10, November 18, 2020, 01:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prodjay10

Is there a gasket between this fitting and the fuel pump?

What is the thread pitch and size of the distributor holder?

What is the thread pitch and size of the fan pulley?

Is cylinder one on the front passenger side?

TJ Hopland

Not sure what you are asking on the fuel pump.   There is a gasket between it and the engine block.   IF its the style with the internal fuel filter there is a gasket on the 'nut' that holds the filter into the pump.   The other connections are flares or barbs so no gaskets there.

The threads in question I think are 5/16-24 know as a 'fine' thread.   Other 5/16 places on the engine are the coarse 18 threads. 

Yes cylinder 1 is front passenger side which is not at all common for American engines of the era.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

prodjay10

Thanks for your help. I found the filter and gasket, but the gasket is toast. Where can I find a replacement gasket?

Big Fins

You may be better off making one yourself. That one will make a good template.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue Fire Mist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Daryl Chesterman

NAPA has what is called "carburetor fuel inlet" gasket assortment.  Places that do carburetor overhauls will have it, and it is in multiple places online if you search Rochester Quadrajet fuel inlet gasket, and it will show 7/8" and 1" ID gaskets.  I know that you are saying this is on the fuel pump, but if the gasket ID is the same, the above sources will do the job.

Edit:  After looking again at the fuel filter retainer and gasket, that looks like some special gasket that is thicker than a paper gasket.  Does it go just under the hex portion of the filter retainer or does it go over the "nose" of the filter retainer?  Also, did the filter have a spring behind it to hold the filter against a sealing surface?  Just some more questions to "muddy the waters".

Daryl Chesterman

prodjay10

I found a large enough seal that worked. Not the same but close enough

Big Fins

I guess that we'll have to deduct a few authenticity points!  :)
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue Fire Mist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille