News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

77 deville broadcast sheet decode

Started by 1966 Calais, November 15, 2023, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1966 Calais

I recdently purchased a 1977 Cadillac Coupe Deville. I found a broadcasr sheet, however I can not understand certain codes.
Exterior paint lwr 77, top upper 98, AC'T T They did not make a 2 tone car so I am confused and accent pin stripe there is not a a letter T in delaers order book . Car is all red with a grayish white strip with red half top
PP 3 what is PP 3?
box 1 A65, Box 13 2C, box 4 FN and box 5 41
Box 12 is blank  box 13 2C
Car is super low miles like new

appreciate help with codes or where to get an invoice etc as I have no ohter paperwork.
thank you Bob

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

In this era, Cadillac began using two digit color codes for the vinyl roof, each corresponding to the same paint color. When the code is followed by the suffix "T" it is the vinyl roof color, not paint.

I recall seeing this car advertised before- Code 77 is Crimson and the roof color is "Red Metallic" which is nearly identical to paint code 98, "Damson Plum Firemist" which is a deep red, almost burgundy color.  Crimson was the only paint color for which there was no near identical vinyl roof color counterpart offered.

I've studied these broadcast sheets but the information on these gets into some intricate detail used at the factory and often require more advanced materials to decode.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

1966 Calais

Eric, thank you for clearing up that question. Strange how the color code can be the same as a roof code! So the dealers order manual codes dont all carry over, as the same codes, onto the broadcast sheets!

I bought the car a week ago. The Red roof is not recommended for a paint code 77 Crimson paint car, only black and white roofs are recommended. However, I guess you could of ordered any color roof you wanted, recommendations assde!

I appreciate your help, Bob

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: 1966 Calais on November 15, 2023, 02:13:48 PMI bought the car a week ago. The Red roof is not recommended for a paint code 77 Crimson paint car, only black and white roofs are recommended. However, I guess you could of ordered any color roof you wanted, recommendations assde!

That is correct. And the recommended interior selections with Crimson were white leather w/red trim (my personal favorite), red leather, black leather or black cloth. With black interior, the roof and pinstripe should be black. With red or white leather, the roof should be white with white pinstripe. No recommendation ever included three different colors but it did happen. 

As it happens, I just acquired a Crimson '77 Coupe deVille myself three weeks ago. The roof & pinstripe are white but the interior is Claret cloth (also not recommended).
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute