News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

Steam Extraction to clean cloth seats

Started by Patrick Fant, July 04, 2023, 10:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick Fant

The cloth seats in these old cars (1956 in this case) could definitely benefit from some cleaning.  I'm about to go in for a steam cleaning treatment by a shop here that does this a lot. But, thought I would ask first if anyone has any experience with using steam on these old Cadillac upholstery seats?  I think I am running out of stuff to do on this car, a daily driver that just keeps running day after day!  Yeay for that - pat
Patrick Fant
Houston
CLC #31723

Clewisiii

Steam is fine on the fabric and foam. Can help to refluff foam.  Help to smooth out vinyl without burning like a heat gun can.  But terrible for real leather so be aware of that.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Patrick Fant

Good to know.  Keep the steam away from the leather sounds right.  This old material with the silver thread through it is very intricate. pat
Patrick Fant
Houston
CLC #31723