News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1961 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special Fuel tank replacement?

Started by jamoka3, October 12, 2023, 08:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamoka3

Good day fellas. Hope all is well.
I have a 1961 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special.
Im asking for assistance in finding the proper fuel tank option for this car. I Found a few on OPG but not sure what is authenticity the correct one. I have  attached the vehicle ID tag for reference. 
Also wanted to know if the fuel vent/ "return" in the other picture has fuel going through it when the vehicle is running. I plan on running a temporary fuel cell, and wanted to know if I need to hook up the top tube as well or just leave it in the existing fuel tank as a vent?
Thanks for your time.👍🏻

Clewisiii

That is an AC car with a vapor return line. It helps to prevent vapor lock. If you wanted to disconnect it temporarily you would need to plug it to prevent vapor or even gas from spraying in the engine. There are several places selling fuel tanks. I don't know if one is better then the other. They probably come off the same mold. I am debating about buying one in stainless steel.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Clewisiii

"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering