News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1973 cadillac eldoradeo electric seats

Started by 34858, November 07, 2023, 10:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi what do you do when electric seat do not work.
are there any way to move seat without power??
Thanks kenny
Kenny

V63

There is a way , probably best to tip the seat back for access.

disconnecting the cables from the central transmission to directly drive or turn each side rail of the trolly, you can drive the cables individually with a drill or much slower with a small screwdriver to turn each screw Jack.  Obviously the screw jacks should be in corresponding positions from left to right.

Kenny

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Kenney,
If you don't hear anything happening when you activate the seat switch, look for a bad circuit breaker in the fuse panel or a disconnected electrical coupling under the seat.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

TJ Hopland

Since this is a customized car with no back seat you have to wonder if maybe they were disabled because there isn't room for them to function as originally intended?  The photos its hard to tell where they cut and blocked off the back area.  Maybe the conversion was done by a short person or they didn't think ahead when they were planning where to cut?

In the photos I can see its a bench seat and apparently an early production unit because the seat control are on the side of the seat vs on the door panel like later production was. Just saw a photo of the door tag and production was 10-72. At least that eliminates some of the things that can happen with wiring and switches in the doors.

Also in the photos we can see at least 3 cut and stripped wires hanging out from under the seat just hanging out.  What do or did those go to?   They look like factory style wire vs. aftermarket speaker wire sort of a thing so they could be related to this issue.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Ok i checked the seat ,when i  look under the drivers side
I found 4 wires on floor .Not connected .So i will have
to get manual to see whats missing. thanks TJ
Kenny
Kenny

TJ Hopland

I don't have manuals handy,  anyone remember if the seat diagrams are in the regular service manual or if they are in the body manual?   Either way both are a good idea to have to work on these cars even a customized one like this. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason