News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1929 Cadillac Coupe

Started by redvettemike, May 30, 2024, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redvettemike

Hello: I am Mike Martin. I have a classic car restoration shop in central Ms. With 15 employees we are quite active. We have recently taken in a 1929 Cadillac Coupe. This is a nice vehicle originally from Ca and showing 57000 miles. It runs but not well. We need to get it to operate in a dependable manner, look at the brakes/bearings, new exhaust, and more. We will eventually paint it. We have new tires and have bead blasted the Buffalo wheels. I will post some photos of the progress on this big fine vehicle. I'm not usre whihc forum this should be shown in. 

Carfreak

Welcome to the CLC, it looks like you are a new member. Cool car, thanks for sharing.

The CLC Museum and Research Center in Dexter, Michigan has a vast resource of service and technical information for Cadillacs of all years and should have information on this car if you need anything.

They can scan & copy documents for you at a nominal cost. Volunteers are on site every Thursday.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Big Fins

Welcome to the CLC. Beautiful car. That era, '29-'32 were my favorites.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue Fire Mist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

redvettemike

The owner of the '29 Cad is a good guy and he wants some changes. He wants front fender side mounted spares. We have located the fenders with those spare tire tubs (spare tire mounting brackets and hardware too). I realize that will be changing how the car was produced but the owner knows what he wants and he is paying the bills.He wants a driver and not a showcar. We will have 2 really nice front fenders and a rear spare time mount that we will want to sell. The interior of the car seems to be the original. We have all new tires but need one more Buffalo rim. We are sending the radiator off for a new core.The paint is not good (looks like someone sprayed it to help on a resale) Thanks