News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1992 Allante 53,000 miles "Triple Black"

Started by Bryan J Moran, August 12, 2024, 09:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/368800362716132

Not Mine

53000 miles interior in good shape no tears or rips canvas top in excellent shape newer tires and brakes 2100 made of this year only 500 black pretty  rare car a few rock chips and scratches otherwise in great condition.  Selling because of health reasons
CLC 35000

James Landi

Bryan,

I've owned two Allantes :90 and now an 88.  They are now into their third decade, and the several transnational support groups work hard to keep owners' cars on the road.  My 1988 had 56K miles when we purchased it, and typical issues, in spite of the low mileage and very great care,  surfaced immediately, and, again, typical--- flexible brakes hose collapse, locking brake calipers, power brake reserve canister failure, fan module failure, ac compressor failure, radio kaput. Local independent garages won't touch it, so at my advanced age (I was 76 then), I did all of those repairs (except the a/c).  John Monzo diagnosed and sent me all the parts I needed, except the a/c parts (I had to travel 70 miles each way to get the a/c compressor and associated parts fixed). I purchased the early '88 model because the road sensing shocks are NOT available, so the early model does not  that innovation and the '88 it does not have the early anti theft complication that's prone to failure (that failed on my '90 way back in 2004).  All this is to say that in my opinion these terrific 2 seaters are tremendous value, but are prone to be highly frustrating.