News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

2025 CLC Directory

Started by 2011DTS, August 14, 2024, 02:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2011DTS

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
Today I ordered a 2025 CLC Directory allegedly for $15.00 however when you order it the club ends up charging you $25.24 the additional $10.24 is for shipping materal, handling, and alleged postage. So NOT only are we paying $15.00 for a Directory that was always included in our membership dues the club is charging an additonal $10.24 for socalled packing materials, handling, and postage.... Talk about a ripoff.
And ONE other thing, GM CLUB APPAREL charged my credit card the $25.24 THREE TIMES. So I ended up being charged over $75.00 for the Directory. I called the 877 number on the web site and got a computer that said leave a message, and boy did I.
BE FOR WARNED that loud sucking sound you hear is the club ripping off its members.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Thanks for the heads up. Fortunately I was only charged once when I ordered a CLC jacket.

Regarding the Directory, I included the $15.00 as requested at the time I renewed membership last year which I understood would be delivered when it became available. (Still haven't as yet). I didn't see any extra delivery charges on the form.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

2011DTS

Eric,
Hi when you order the directory on the web site, in addition to the $15 for the directory it changes you for packing materals, handling, and postage which totaled $10.24 in addition to the $15 for the directory for a total of $25.24. David called me back and said he could not see where I had been charged three times but told me to if three charges show up on my card he will take care of it.
The issue is, the notice for ordering says the Directory is $15 it does not say anything about ripping off the members for an additional $10.24.

That does seem strange. When using this form, there doesn't appear to be anything regarding an additional charges.

https://clc.cornerstonereg.com/Purchase/Purchase?noRenewOption=False

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I just clicked on that line item and got a message that there is a page error. Which possibly means that the problem is being addressed. On the cover page of the August issue of the S/S, there is a box listing all of the postage requirements for the various types of mailings for the Directory.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

I had to first log in to the main CLC website to get to that page so that's probably the reason why the link isn't working. Here's a partial screenshot of the form.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

And it also says, "Add to cart.." And except for Amazon Prime, most places you buy from on the Web have a box on the payment page that you can't complete the sale without seeing what the postage/handling fee is. (So, if you don't want to pay the postage, you don't have to complete the sale.)

So, there is no "rip-off." Just a fact of life these days. A half inch thick publication  is not something you can mail "free," even at the "publication rate." It seems to me that the web pages are set up so that you might be wanting to purchase more than one item. That is probably why there is no mention of postage on that page. Simple as that.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

I continued through ordering process up until actually executing the transaction and the shipping charge is shown as $0.00. 

Art Director

Quote from: 2011DTS on August 14, 2024, 02:39:44 PMJust wanted to give everyone a heads up.
Today I ordered a 2025 CLC Directory allegedly for $15.00 however when you order it the club ends up charging you $25.24 the additional $10.24 is for shipping materal, handling, and alleged postage. So NOT only are we paying $15.00 for a Directory that was always included in our membership dues the club is charging an additonal $10.24 for socalled packing materials, handling, and postage.... Talk about a ripoff.
And ONE other thing, GM CLUB APPAREL charged my credit card the $25.24 THREE TIMES. So I ended up being charged over $75.00 for the Directory. I called the 877 number on the web site and got a computer that said leave a message, and boy did I.
BE FOR WARNED that loud sucking sound you hear is the club ripping off its members.

Lynn, you should have been charged just $15 for the Directory. No shipping fee, no handling fee, just $15.

The CLC does not rip off its members. Inflation has killed us the past few years, and the CLC is just trying its best to break even in its annual budget. We have to compete with free Facebook groups and other Cadillac clubs out there. Where else can you buy a printed book of this size for just $15? Same with the 1970s book...it was priced low on purpose so the CLC could sell lots of copies.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Art Director

To clarify some misunderstandings in this thread:

Each print copy of the CLC International Membership Directory for 2025 is $15 US for shipping addresses in the United States, Canada and Mexico; $20 US all other countries. There is no extra charge for sales tax or shipping. Our vendor assures us that the pricing problem should be fixed on its website as soon as possible.

Order your directory today at bit.ly/clcdirect. Deadline is August 31!

Directories are scheduled to ship out around the third week of October.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold