News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1970 Sedan deVille $11,999 35,000 miles ?

Started by Bryan J Moran, July 01, 2024, 03:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

CLC 35000

Big Fins

Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue Fire Mist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Bryan J Moran

I like the color, personally I am a fan of "Burnt Sienna" or whatever. 
CLC 35000

70DeVille

Appears to be Cinnamon Firemist, color code 95. Had two, a Convertible and a Fleetwood. I believe only seven Firemist colors were offered in 1970.
Michael

70DeVille

Bryan, I liked "Burnt Sienna" (a 1973 Cadillac Color code 68) so much that when I purchased a "Dark Walnut" 1970 Convertible, incomplete restoration in primer, I decided to paint it one of my favorite colors, 1973 "Burnt Sienna". Not usually fond of color changes, but with this one I have no regrets.
Michael

James Landi

If it is only 35k miles for that money, it's a buy... but it could be 135k and could still present and run very well.  These were durable, and if garaged and out of the weather, maintained a great appearance. 

billyoung

Judging from the steering wheel I would believe the mileage the problem I would be afraid of from seeing under the hood is frame and floor rust. In the 1980's I remember going to see an estate sale car in Rochester, New York a 1968 Sedan DeVille 4 door pillared sedan in dark blue with less mileage than this car that was perfect except for the frame on both sides behind the front wheels was so rotted that if you would have put it on a lift it would have cracked in two.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.