News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1962 rims that can hold my original hubcaps

Started by Ramses, August 20, 2024, 12:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramses

Im looking for new rims that goes on my 1962 cadillac, the bolt patern is 5X5 so is easy to find "normal" rims.

The problem is that i do not found anything that i can use with my oritginal hubcaps! I have try many different rims and on none of them i was able to clips my hubcaps.

So my question: Anybody know where i can get new rims that is compatible with my car AND my original hubcaps?

Or maybe i can get rims that have been restored  (sanblasted/repainted) if someone know where i can find that?

Thanks!
... To see my actual project: http://cadillac1962.com/

Clewisiii

You can use Cadillac rims from 1961-1964 for the deep wheel disc's.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Ramses

Quote from: Clewisiii on August 20, 2024, 12:28:43 PMYou can use Cadillac rims from 1961-1964 for the deep wheel disc's.

Thanks, so do you know where I can find those rims? Is there any new reproduction that I can buy somewhere?

Clewisiii

I know of no reproduction. And unfortunately you will need to restore them yourself.

You can contact Jason Edge. He may have some from the 63/64s he tears down. I don't know what people ask for them. I think the last time I was really looking people wanted $100 each.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Ramses

ok i see, there is no reproduction availlable for this...

So as you said, the best thing i can do in this case is probably to sandblast my actual rims and repaint it...

For sure i can do that but its a lot of work and i was thinking that it would be more easier to find new reproduction rims..

i have try many different rims and none can handle my hubcaps, so well, it look like tomorow i will have to remove my tire and start the sandblast job..

Thanks for your advice

David Greenburg

Given the quality of a lot of repro parts, I'm not sure I would trust reproduction rims, even if they were available. I think you're much better of restoring used original ones.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Ramses

Hi! 

I have follow your suggestion and i have finally sandblasted and repainted my rims... It was a lot of work but i had no choice, new rims that fit my hubcaps where almost impossible to find..

I have put my white wall tire on it and everything look nice now..

Thanks to those who helped me with this!

The Tassie Devil(le)

Congratulations.   Looking very nice.

Those reverse-centre rims are odd, but there had to be a very good reason why Cadillac made them that way.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Cadman-iac

Your wheels and hubcaps look fantastic. Nice work. But why did you use tires with such a skinny whitewall? Lol!! They look great, I love the body color on the caps, it really sets them off.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Remember,  no matter where you go, there you are.

Lexi

Very nice, great job. I always wondered why that style of rim was used as well. Clay/Lexi