News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

New top 75 Eldorado

Started by Tpicks55, October 01, 2024, 04:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpicks55

Had a shop replace the convertible top.  It looks like there is a gap between the driver and passenger windows top edge and the top. Aprox 3/4 inch gap. The windows are at the full up against the stops. so my guess its the top that is out of adjustment.  Anybody have this problem before? Adjustment ?
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS

Julien Abrahams

I think the top needs to be adjusted. If I am not mistaking, the top can be adjusted in many ways. A good shop will not only replace the top, but also make all the adjustments. But that ofcourse will add man hours and therefore cost.
1951 Buick Eight special
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett

Big Fins

Also, the top maker makes a huge difference in the way the top fits the frame.

https://1975eldoradoconvertible.com/scissortop.html

There are 2 links at the bottom of the page I just linked to you. These are 2 trusted sources.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue Fire Mist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille