News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Difference between Fisher body manual and shop manual.('67 DeVille)

Started by Rhodes, Yesterday at 12:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhodes

Can those with experience explain what different tasks these two manuals accomplish and why I might need both?

I don't mind buying both as long as they have a purpose. Thank you very much.

Julien Abrahams

I have both (from '54, '66 en '67) so I have an idea of the difference. The main difference is that the shop manual mainly focusses on things like engine, transmission, electrical system, brakes, suspension, all specific for Cadillac. The body by Fisher manual focusses on the body and is more general (next to Cadillac models, all GM body styles are covered). This manual focusses on subjects that are related to the body. For example, doors, window regulators, bootlid or the convertible top mechanism.
Hope this gives some insight.  I could send you a digital copy of the content pages from both, perhapse that helps as well.
1951 Buick Eight special
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett

Clewisiii

Also someone can explain how these manuals merged over the years.

For 61 it was all in one manual. Other then the line Assembly Manual which is basically worthless.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Quote from: Clewisiii on Yesterday at 08:52:18 AMAlso someone can explain how these manuals merged over the years.

If you think that's bad....
There is no 55 manual. You buy the 54, and there is just a thin 55 supplement.
Jeff Rose
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille